Monday, 30 January 2017
Loving your children is your obligation as parents. Sometimes children make repeated mistakes. Though, some of them may be unintentional. All parents get anger with their children when they make mistakes. Some, however, do it more frequently than others. You have to correct them whether those mistake are intention or unintentional. The type of correction given should depend upon the type of mistake made. For simple mistake the correction should not be severe. But for serious mistakes the correction should be such that they will appreciate the severity of their offense. Remember as parents you are your children’s models. Family is the first training institution for children.
Speak gently to the wayward child. A pleasant smile and a word of kindness will often restore good humor and playfulness. “Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bone.” (Proverb 16:18). Children have their joys and sorrows as well as the adults, and their little heart will quickly yield to the power of gentle, loving kindness. Children’s hearts are much like flowers; they remain open to the softly falling dew, but shut up their petals in the violent torrential rain. Just like violent rainfall shuts up the flower that is how, “Reckless words pierce like the sword.” (Proverb 12:18). Therefore, when you have occasion to rebuke your children, be careful to do it with overt signs of kindness and gentleness. The effect will be incalculably better.
Sidney Newton Bremer wrote, “Children love to bask in the warmth of a sunny, positive disposition. It brings out their confidence, stimulates hope, and secures success in all their efforts. It makes obedience a pleasure and work a pastime.” There is nothing that pays a higher dividend than when you see your home radiating with happiness sending out its effect all over the occupants, and creating a congenial atmosphere.
In loving your children regardless of their mistakes, you must also help them to become a better person. Love is beautiful and noble. What obstacle will it not overcome, and what sacrifice will it not make rather than give up. A child should be brought with the firm belief that he is born to succeed. You should not create an unfavorable milieu for this success to be attained by constant distortion or expressions of doubt, because of his mistakes.
Every child should be trained in the thrifty habits. They should learn the value of money early in life so that they can exercise wisdom in handling money during their later years. They should be taught that debt is a burden to be avoided. Debt has ruined many people of the most promising careers.
Even if any of them is caught in the trap of substance abuse, you must ensure that he grow up responsibly by doing all you can to help him break the habit. You must love your children wholeheartedly. But then, if they are mired in the habitual wrongdoing, you must love them enough to help them get out of it. Although, ultimate restoration is in almighty God’s hands, you as #parents must play your part.
Some parents rarely take time to consider what they say to their children. but as loving parents, you need to know that what you say can have a significant, lasting impact on your children. if you choose to speak encouraging more than condemning words to them, you will build a better household. Scudder N. Parker said, “People have a way of becoming what you encourage them to be – not what you nag them to be.” Most parents know that they have to be encouraging parents; but somewhere between endless pursuit of #money and domestic chores, they lose the motivation to build up their children.
Johann Von Goethe said, “Correction does much, but encouragement does more.” You have to constantly encourage your children with such statements as, “You are smart.” “You are creative.” And, “I know you will make it.” Many men are now in prison or living out a miserable existence in the slums of some cities in the world, bent over, uncouth, and rough, because they were not lucky to have had efficient and systematic training, which would have made them develop into responsible men, and a gift to the #human race, instead of the smelling, half-starved wretch they are today.
Children should be taught that they were born for success; that the object of their creation was to be an achiever. Children should be taught that they have the same opportunities to succeed as others. And that they can even do what no man has been able to do before. Their teaching should always emphasize their looking upward and not downward. As a result of this the children will develop a positive perspective and look forward to achievement. When achievement is constantly held in the mind, it becomes a reality.
You should try to teach your children, from the beginning, to be orderly in their habits; and insist on the popular sayings, “A place for everything and everything in its place,” and “A time for everything and everything in its time.” Disorder, confusion and discontent and unhappiness breed mental and moral discord, and a discontented, unhappy life. A youth who does not do his work at any time, who always throws things down wherever they have been used, and leaves them lying about in confusion, is starting on the pathway to failure.
Start now to do things it takes to resume a cordial relationship with your recalcitrant children. Speak kindly to them. Help them to be persons they have been destined to be. Bless them, don’t curse them. When you choose to let go resentment toward your children, even if you think you have the right to feel so, your children feel relieved. You have given them the opportunity for a fresh beginning.
The risk you take in loving unconditionally is that they may choose to continue repeating those same mistakes. But resentment always stifles and stagnates. Loving these children, though risky, carries with it an enormous potential for change in them leading to healing and proper growth. The love between children and their parents should be unique. It is indefinable, indescribable, fresh and beautiful. This love if pure, unselfish, and discreet constitutes the catalyst for happiness in the family. Without it there would be no organized household and, consequently, none of that earnest endeavor for competence and respectability, which is the hallmark to human efforts. Those sweet, softening, restraining, elevating influences of domestic life, which alone can fill the home with the happy influences of refinement will be lacking.
Saturday, 28 January 2017
Friday, 27 January 2017
Many women are frustrated by the way the men they love behave. Of course you should know that there are things you need to do to win a man’s heart. It’s not impossible to win a man’s heart; it’s just that many women don’t have the key. These tips might help you know things men like.
· Men like ladies with a good sense of humor. Try to be humorous by telling jokes. A man feels good about you when he sees you smiling.
· Men are irresistibly drawn towards a woman who doesn’t need a man to make her happy, who isn’t looking for a man’s approval to define her worth, who has a passionate, purposeful life of her own, and yet also deeply values, cherishes and appreciates a man’s love in her life.
· Men like teaching ladies new things. They are adventurous.
· Men love woman who makes him better. Your man will also value you more when you make him a better person. If you inspire him to be a better man; he will open more to you, he would see you as a dependable partner and you will win his heart. Creating value is a very important way to win a man’s heart.
· Patience is very important when trying to attract a man.
· Men like women who cook for them. An old adage says that, “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.” To cook for someone is to cater to one of their most basic human needs and cooking can be extremely intimate. It requires hard work and careful thought. And if you cook his favorite food, you would have proved just how willing you are to place his personal tastes above your own.
· Most men don’t like ladies who are stronger than they are. Think of the women who always beat their husbands. Many regard it as a taboo. The men like to dominate not the other round.
· Men are more open than ladies. Women tend to be more secretive.
· Men don’t like to be outshined by their partners. It might be selfish but it is true. This is why there is always problems in homes where the women are the breadwinners.
· Men don’t like girls who wear too much perfume. They tend to believe she might be hiding body odor.
· Men love knowing that their woman admires them. And that most especially includes you, his wife. And in doing so, you will touch his heart in a very deep way. Tell him you're proud of him for being so good at something he does well — whether it's his job, the way he handled that difficult situation at home, or even handling the kids. If you think he's romantic and funny, let him know. Don't leave him guessing at how you feel about him.
· Men can’t stand ladies who don’t accept compliments. Though, such women are few.
· If a man says that he loves you, don’t subject him to questioning. Monitor his actions if you are in doubt. Men hate to be doubted.
· If a man cries in front of you, he is really in pain. Do what you can to ease the pain.
· A man’s threshold for physical pain is much less than that of a lady. Think of the pain borne by women during childbirth.
· Men like intelligent ladies; they have more initiative, of course.
· Men like good food. It is often said that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
· Men can do crazy things to get the ladies they love. Think of the guy who shot a US president to show the extent he loved her.
· Most men love their mothers.
· Men like ladies in high heels. High shoes have a way of giving women attractive pose. The manner in which a woman walks, stands and sits have a lot to tell about her confidence at that moment. Wearing high shoes are known enhancements that even more strongly allow legs to evoke feminine sexuality and enhance female sexual power.
· Men don’t like ladies that flirt with their friends. It shows the lady has low self-esteem.
· Men like ladies that are well groomed.
· Men like ladies who are available but not too available.
· Men don’t like dirty women. Clean and well dressed women are always pleasant sight to behold.
· A man will try to get a lady, even if she rejects him at first. Men derive excitement tackling and subduing difficult task.
· Men hate admitting they are sick. It is not a sign of a macho man; many men want to display. Men are conditioned to be tough, competitive and independent. When they don’t behave this way, they are bullied, ridiculed, shamed, ignored and looked down upon. Because of this, men suppress their feelings, hide their emotions, ignore their pain and never ask for help.
· Man appreciates a woman who not only respects his need for space and time apart but is also comfortable with it because one of the biggest fears men have when they enter into a relationship is losing their independence. In order to reassure themselves that they are not trapped in a relationship and can still continue doing things that they love in life, men often feel the need to pull away and spend time alone.
· Men hate going to the doctor. Except a man is very sick, he keeps away from doctors and hospitals. Most times, they are encouraged to go to the doctor by their loved ones.
· Most men love children and will want children, eventually.
· Most men enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, football, camping. Most men are extroverts.
· Men don’t like ladies who pretend. It is more appreciated if a woman can be herself instead of pretending to be what she is. If the man discovers he has been fooled he is likely to end the relationship, or will never trust such woman.
· Men are flirtatious by nature. He feels good about you when you playfully flirt and are having fun. Try to be close to him so he does not see the need to seek other’s company.
· Men like slim, shapely ladies. This is not absolute. Some men like women with curves but not the obsess type. So a woman should endeavor to maintain acceptable shape if she wants to keep her man. It is vital for him to see that you take care of yourself physically. That doesn't mean you have to be a supermodel. Being attractive more likely comes when a woman takes care of herself and stays healthy.
· Men like sexy ladies. This why attract most men in the first place before they start to see the other virtues of the woman. How a woman looks is important in retaining a her man. Infidelity is sometimes triggered by the unattractive look of their wives or partners.
· Men enjoy lovemaking. When not satisfied with what is available at home, he heads outside. This is the greatest cause of infidelity. Once the wife can’t perform well in bed, the man is in most cases go out to satisfy their urge.