It’s the beginning of the new year, and millions of people are vowing to achieve big things this year. Just as important as the goals you are reaching toward, however, are the things you are intentionally letting go of. A big part of designing a good life is being able to let go of things that hold you back in life and things that are not important to you.
Here are 30 things to let go of in 2016 to make this the best year you’ve ever had.
1. Let go of self-sabotaging habits. Work on being kind and loving to yourself. Click here to learn 50 small things to do every day to really love yourself.
2. Let go of perfection. Waiting to do something until the timing is perfect often means you’ll never do it at all.
3. Let go of saying you’ll do things “someday.” This life is not a dress rehearsal.
4. Let go of trying to please everyone all the time. You’ll never be everything to everyone and that’s okay.
5. Let go of living the life that everyone else has planned for you. It’s time to design your life the way you want to live it.
6. Let go of the pressure to spend your entire career at a 9-5 job you don’t love. Make a point to find your passion this year. This free workbook is a great start to help you find your passion this year.
7. Let go of being paralyzed by fear. Remember the biggest risk is often doing nothing; the biggest risk is that you’ll wake up years from now and wish you would have acted on your dreams.
8. Let go of neglecting yourself. You can best serve the world when you take care of yourself.
9. Let go of toxic relationships. You deserve to spend time with people who are uplifting.
10. Let go of letting your past define your future.
11. Let go of constantly competing with people. Focus on your path and work on improving yourself every day.
12. Let go of sitting on the sidelines. Life’s too short to sit there and watch it pass you by just because you don’t think you have the ‘perfect’ body, you’re ‘too old,’ you’re ‘too young,’ or you’re too (fill in the blank).
13. Let go of items you don’t need. Decluttering your life is incredibly freeing.
14. Let go of trying to be good at everything. Instead, focus on being great at a few things that line up with your priorities and strengths.
15. Let go of thinking you can’t make a difference right now. It’s often possible to turn a difficult job into an amazing mission, right where you are.
16. Let go of always saying yes. Learn to say no to certain commitments so you can say yes to what matters most to you.
17. Let go of of excuses. Decide what you want and go get it.
18. Let go of self-doubt.
19. Let go of procrastination.
20. Let go of blaming others.
21. Let go of negativity. You really can live an amazing, fulfilling life that you love. It’s time to work on having a great mindset.
22. Let go of thinking small. There truly is power in thinking big.
23. Let go of time-wasting activities that prevent you from working toward your meaningful goals.
24. Let go of inaction.
25. Let go of being ‘too busy’ to do what matters most to you.
26. Let go of worrying about what others think of you. It’s time to find your tribe of like-minded, encouraging people, and blaze the trail you want to blaze.
27. Let go of being closed-minded. Great innovations happen when people dare to dream about possibilities.
28. Let go of refusing to try new things. You never know what you might love. Sign up for a random community ed class, try a new physical activity, or start a new book club. Life is so much richer with new experiences.
29. Let go of feeling unworthy of your dreams.
30. Let go of thinking your dreams are impossible. Set big goals and surround yourself with people who encourage, support, and inspire you to reach them.
It’s going to be a great year!
CULLED FROM LIFEHACK.
CULLED FROM LIFEHACK.